Engels | Paperback | 9781787125377 | 392 pagina's
Transit from monolithic architectures to highly available, scalable, and fault-tolerant microservicesAbout This Book
- Build your own applications based on event-driven microservices and set them up on a production server.
- Successfully transform any monolithic application into a microservice.
- Monitor the health of your application, prevent downtime, and reduce costs.
Who This Book Is For
PHP developers who want to build scalable, highly available, and secure applications will find this book useful. No knowledge of microservices is assumed.What You Will Learn
- Set up a development environment using the right strategies and tools.
- Learn about application design and structure to start implementing your application.
- Transform a monolithic application into microservices.
- Explore the best way to start implementing your application using testing.
- Understand how to monitor your microservices, handle errors, and debug the application.
- Deploy your finished application into a production environment and learn how to solve common problems.
- Know how to scale your application based on microservices once it is up–and-running.
The world is moving away from bulky, unreliable, and high-maintenance PHP applications, to small, easy-to-maintain and highly available microservices and the pressing need is for PHP developers to understand the criticalities in building effective microservices that scale at large. This book will be a reliable resource, and one that will help you to develop your skills and teach you techniques for building reliable microservices in PHP.
The book begins with an introduction to the world of microservices, and quickly shows you how to set up a development environment and build a basic platform using Docker and Vagrant. You will then get into the different design aspects to be considered while building microservices in your favorite framework and you will explore topics such as testing, securing, and deploying microservices. You will also understand how to migrate a monolithic application to the microservice architecture while keeping scalability and best practices in mind. Furthermore you will get into a few important DevOps techniques that will help you progress on to more complex domains such as native cloud development, as well as some interesting design patterns.
By the end of this book you will be able to develop applications based on microservices in an organized and efficient way. You will also gain the knowledge to transform any monolithic applications into microservices.Style and approach
Filled with code that you can start typing straightaway, this book will take you through building, testing, securing, and deploying microservices in the most practical way possible. The focus of the book is more inclined towards showing you how it's done, rather than with what to do, although you will get a good idea of those tools most widely used to build microservices.
Levertijd: 2 - 3 weken
|PHP Microservices Engels | Paperback | 9781787125377 | 392 pagina's|
|Aantal pagina's||392 pagina's|
|Auteur||Carlos Perez Sanchez | Pablo Solar Vilarino|
|Co-auteur||Pablo Solar Vilarino|
|Uitgever||Packt Publishing Limited|
|Extra groot lettertype||Nee|
|Verpakking breedte||191 mm|
|Verpakking hoogte||27 mm|
|Verpakking lengte||235 mm|