Engels | Druk: 1 | E-book | 9780071785594 | 280 pagina's
Timeless Insights for Planning and Managing 21st-Century Warehouse Operations
Despite today's just-in-time production mentality, with its efforts to eliminate warehouses and their inventory carrying costs, effective warehousing continues to play a critical bottom-line role for companies worldwide. World-Class Warehousing and Material Handling covers today's state-of-the-art tools, metrics, and methodologies for dramatically increasing the effectiveness, accuracy, and overall productivity of warehousing operations.
Written by one of today's recognized logistics thought leaders, this comprehensive resource provides authoritative answers on such topics as:
- The seven principles of world-class warehousing
- Warehouse activity profiling
- Warehouse performance measures
- Warehouse automation and computerization
- Receiving and put away
- Storage and retrieval operations
- Picking and packing
- Humanizing warehouse operations
World-Class Warehousing and Material Handling describes the processes and systems required for meeting the changing demands of warehousing. Filled with practices from proven to innovative, it will help all logistics professionals improve the productivity, quality, and cycle time of their existing warehouse operations.
Not too long ago, effective warehousing was a relatively straightforward progression of receiving, storing, and shipping. But in today's age of e-commerce, supply chain integration, globalization, and just-in-time methodology, warehousing has become more complex than at any time in the pastnot to mention more costly.
World-Class Warehousing and Material Handling breaks through the confusing array of warehouse technology, buzzwords, and third-party providers to describe the principles of warehousing required for the implementation of world-class warehousing operations. Holding up efficiency and accuracy as the keys to success in warehousing, it is the first widely published methodology for warehouse problem solving across all areas of the supply chain, providing an organized set of principles that can be used to streamline all types of warehousing operations.
Case studies from Avon, Ford, Xerox, True Value Hardware, and others detail how today's most innovative logistics and supply chain managers are arriving at proven solutions to a wide variety of warehousing challenges. Topics discussed include:
- Warehouse activity profilingfor identifying causes of information and material flow problems and pinpointing opportunities for improvement
- Warehouse performance measuresfor monitoring, reporting, and benchmarking warehouse performance
- Storage and retrieval system selectionfor improving storage density, handling productivity, and trade-offs in required capital investment
- Order picking strategiesfor improving the productivity and accuracy of order fulfillment
- Computerizing warehousing operationsfor profiling activity, monitoring performance, and simplifying operations
World-Class Warehousing and Material Handling integrates global and e-commerce issues as it addresses customization, information technology, performance analysis, expansion and contraction planning, and the overall role of the warehouse in logistics management and the supply chain. Filled with proven operational solutions, it will guide managers as they develop a warehouse master plan, one designed to minimize the effects of supply chain inefficiencies as it improves logistics accuracy and inventory managementand reduces overall warehousing expense.
Levertijd: Direct beschikbaar